I have been watching Space Brothers lately. The
Frosh Orientation Edition for Imprint is also space-themed, so pick it up if you’re around campus.
- It’s almost time for the exam in my Python course. We’ll see how that goes.
- I bought another Steam game, but it won’t be out until August 21.
- Reading up on graphig designs.
- Exam proctoring.
- There’s a Lynda.com course on Arduino, too. Why Arduino? Think of the applications!
- Doing graphics for the Imprint Frosh Edition. I also wrote an article, so please look forward to that.
- Received Imprint’s “Graphic of the Term” award for the Game of Thrones illustration.
- I appeared in this video message to first-years.
- Watching Eden of the East.
- Still debating if I want to design a landing page on how to obtain screening permissions for anime clubs.
- Went to a balloon-twisting workshop/installation. I can make fish, dogs, kelp, and seahorses now! Kind of.
- Being generally positive about this job/life/personal projects thing. I’ve started doodling again, but haven’t really done any graphic design for fun (yet).
- The person that gave my first real commission listed their book on Amazon, with the cover I illustrated. Check it out.
- Still reviewing hiragana.
[This Beautiful and Cruel World] (“Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai“) by Yoko Hikasa
Upon BS’ comment of “that is so Svet,” I acknowledge that it does seem to have very strong resemblance to/influence from Svetlana Chmakova’s Creepy Smile. @.@ (I’m a humongous fan of her work, so I would know. ._.)
My life is made much easier by other creators giving away stock content for free. Subtle Patterns, and the Baron Neue font made this possible. I’ve started exploring SkyFonts lately, mostly because Google stopped offering .zip downloads of their fonts.
The final version of the sponsorship package I designed for UWES is up on my portfolio. I’m still writing out an explanation and overall comments on the project. Have an exam Friday, and a lot of work-related end-of-term projects to finish up, so I’ll probably be a bit quieter here until next week.